Aug 20, 2009

Big Girl Bed Update

Like I said Audrey had her first night in a "big girl" bed. So here's what happened.

She went down great.... Well, not at first. She was way way to excited about the big girl bed, and the bedding, and was running around screaming because she was so excited. Except that when she gets excited, or any kid for that matter, too close to bed, she doesn't want to go to sleep, and she got really angry. And wouldn't stop crying. I thought we were going to have a visit from the vomit fairy, she really was that upset.

But I successfully calmed her down. And we had no issues.

We did however have 2 minor problems."

  1. She fell out of bed in the middle of the night.

  2. She woke up at 5:30 and started walking around.

It was really funny. I woke up to the pitter patter of little feet. I, then, tapped Patrick on the shoulder and told him we had a little monster running around. He took it that i was telling him to go and get her, and he jumped up to go get her. But did it so fast that I didn't have enough time to turn on the bed side lamp and he ran into her at the same time she said "hi daddy." it scared him so much that he screamed. And then I laughed.

However, when it came around for her nap she wouldn't stay in bed so partrick ended up putting the front back on. I took it off for bed tonight. I'm really excited about the big girl bed. Anyway that's the update.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I have been thinking about doing that with James' bed so that by the time we need the crib again we can move him into a bed. I have the feeling though that he will do all of those things, especially the not staying in bed when it is time.

Carrie Mortimer said...

Hehehe i'm just picturing it now. I miss you guys can we please play again? ARe you coming to the zoo?