Oct 10, 2012

Audrey Starts Kindergarden

I promise I'll start posting more.

Audrey started Kindergarden this year. She just absolutely loves it. She is in the all day kindergarden which I am totally fine with it since it makes it easier for me to work a few hours everyday.

Katelyn and I are settling into a routine. Every morning we walk to school. Then if I have time walk with the other moms. Then we get home and I spend the rest of the time battling Katelyn to take a nap or feeding every, what feels like, 20 minutes. This little one HATE sleeping. She'll just take 20-30 minute cat naps every 2 hours or so. It's frustrating at times since it's hard to get house work and work work done but  I LOVE it. Its so much fun being at home with this little one and seeing her grow. I didn't have this opportunity with Audrey.

Audrey is making a ton of friends. She has two best friends Tate and Malia. Tate is in her afternoon class and lives just down the street and Malia is in her morning class and lives two doors down. It's really great that she can make friends at school and then get to see them after and on the weekends. When she was at Adventure Time she could only see them at school.

In august Katelyn Mom and I made a trip to New York City. It was a TON of fun and I tool about 1000 pictures. I'll have to post my favorites - my goal is to do it tomorrow.

So Katelyn is 6 months now. I can't believe that half a year has already gone by. It's insane that life moves so fast.

Right now Katelyn can:
  • She now officially enjoys tummy time now that she can roll and scoot around. 
  • She talks all day.
  • She can sit supported by her hands for about 10 minutes. The doc says that she should be sitting unsupported by now and that we need to practice. 
  • I started her on solid foods. She doesn't like rice cereal and prefers her mushed food. I've started her on some things that we are eating at dinner. The other day she tried to eat a smashed pancake. None of it made it in her mouth but it was still cute non the less. 
  • She loves being a baby. Audrey wanted to grow up and couldn't wait until she could do something new. This little one just does what she wants when she wants. She's in no hurry to grow. And neither am I to be honest. 
It's been a great few months. Life is moving forward slowly. We're still at my moms and it looks like we'll be here a while unless something dramatic happens. Now that Audrey has started school and is really enjoying herself I'm not eager to move her to another school.

That all for now.

Some upcoming events that we are looking forward to

  • BYU and Oregon State is this saturday
  • and Patrick is going to South Bend to see Notre Dame play BYU and see the Lions play the Bears that following Monday. He is super stoked about that trip. 

No comments: